[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
www.flightlesstravel.com • View topic - Travel to Brindisi

Travel to Brindisi

Travel to Brindisi

Postby cookiemonster » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:30 pm

Hello there, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to get to Brindisi without flying. We've got two young children and would really like to take a boat and a train to add to the adventure of the trip. We would be setting off from Oxford. Many thanks.
cookiemonster

Re: Travel to Brindisi

Postby Tom McMillan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:01 pm

I take it you mean Brindisi on heal of Italy. I think this is a really nice destination for overland travel from the UK as there are a few options which means you could do a circular route (all be it a fairly squashed circle!). On the way out you could get the Eurostar from London to Paris and then continue on the train to Milan, from Milan you can get another train to Brindisi . You could in fact go via a number of other Italian cities such as Rome, Bologna, and Naples if you wanted to see a bit more of Italy.

Rather than going back the same way as you go out you could go back to the UK via Corfu, sounds a bit odd I know but from Corfu you can get a ferry to Venice and from Venice you can get back onto train system and head back to London. If you want to incorporate a ferry this might be the best option as you are based in Oxford I think the Eurostar is a better option rather than trying to get one of the cross channel ferries to mainland Europe.

As there are a number of options you can obviously mix and match on the routes I have suggested or look at variants of what I have suggested. The maps on our European ferry page http://www.flightlesstravel.com/plan/european-ferries/ may give you some alternative ideas for ferries too and from Italy.

Hope this is of some help and I have not made this to complicated! :)
Tom McMillan

Postby adisonhardy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:59 am

You can select any of sailing or Train to travel to Brindisi. But according to my experience Sailing provide more adventurous and impressive travelling experience during travelling to Brindisi.
adisonhardy

Postby alden1 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:54 am

This is a very good post providing a lot of informative stuff on the topic. I always like to leave comments whenever I see something unusual or impressive. I think we must appreciate those who do something especial. Keep it up, thanks
alden1

Postby chal3oye » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:30 am

On the way out you could get the Eurostar from London to Paris and then continue on the train to Milan, from Milan you can get another train to Brindisi . You could in fact go via a number of other Italian cities such as Rome, Bologna, and Naples if you wanted to see a bit more of Italy.

Rather than going back the same way as you go out you could go back to the UK via Corfu, sounds a bit odd I know but from Corfu you can get a ferry to Venice and from Venice you can get back onto train system and head back to London. If you want to incorporate a ferry this might be the best option as you are based in Oxford I think the Eurostar is a better option rather than trying to get one of the cross channel ferries to mainland Europe.
GuL
chal3oye

Return to Europe